Saturday, August 31, 2013

It's Groundhog's Day All Over Again

Yesterday marked the end of radiation, week 3,000...or something like that. 

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. 

Or, as one friend put it, "your life is kinda like Groundhog's Day, isn't it?" Yep! That's exactly it. No kidding, it is so weird to live the same day over and over and over. I kinda feel Bill Murray's pain now.

The only remarkable things about radiation this week were: 
(1) the day that ALL the handicapped spots were taken in the parking lot. This was definitely a predictor of how slow things were going to be that day. I knew we were in trouble from the get-go...

(2) at the weekly visit with the doctor, he was stunned at how well my skin is doing. Holy crap! You mean something has actually gone better than expected? What?! That is completely unheard of for me, so I'll take it!! KNOCK ON WOOD that it holds up through the remaining treatments. And a thank you to the gene pool that allowed me to have good skin I guess.

(3) I think it's possible that I am finally getting over the PLAGUE that I caught last week. It's been almost TWO WEEKS now. UGH! Chalking this one up to continued compromised immunity. Looking forward to not being so susceptible to germs...some day...

(4) I've been really tired this week. So. Very. Tired. Had figured this was coming. Doctor thinks it might be low blood counts, but decided to chalk it up to the aforementioned plague (see #3). He will be more concerned if I'm still dragging at the end of next week. 

So, I think I can see the light at the end of this radiation tunnel. Three more weeks...if I've done the math right (which it's possible I haven't because I'm still stupid from chemo).

No comments:

Post a Comment