Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The New and Improved Me

I realized the other day (or maybe a month ago and I immediately forgot again until just the other day) that I had only posted recent pictures pics of the "new me" on my Facebook page.

So, I thought I would post a few here to keep you updated on what I'm looking like.




(1) What my nails look like still if I let them grow out. I'm hoping that you can tell from this picture how the longer they get, the less they are attached. So then I have to cut them short...and then when they grow out the process starts all over again. So much for that career as a hand  model.



(2) The Sharpie drawing all over me for radiation simulation. The blue dashes mark the entire area that is radiated (it goes from sternum to armpit, collar bone to below my left breast). The black dot in the middle of the "cross" that you can see is a permanent tattoo...and there's a matching one in my armpit. Damn. I was really hoping for something much cooler. At least an "X" marks the spot kind of tattoo. That beautiful scar that you can see is my surgery scar...about half of it. And there's a matching one of those in my armpit also. 



(3) The new me, with my awesome pixie haircut. When  your hair initially comes in after chemo it's a combination of straw and cat hair. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but it HAD to come off almost immediately. Thank goodness for friends who are hairstylists! Next stop, maybe some color because this current one is all kinds of NOT ME. I'm thinking purple...or Katy Perry blue.






No comments:

Post a Comment