Thursday, April 4, 2013

It Starts to All Look the Same...

If you haven't checked out the blog in awhile, you're probably thinking that you haven't missed that much. You might be right, depending on how long it's been. Hmmmm, why is that?

BECAUSE IT ALL STARTS TO LOOK THE SAME!

It's like being pregnant, only WORSE, because the closer that you get to the end, the longer and slower the days go. Holy crap, I have completely lost count of where I'm at. So, let me try and update you:

After my uber busy week last week, I have pretty much curled up into a ball and died a little this week. So exhausted! And in pain (more info on that will follow).

Tomorrow (Friday) is Chemo Week #17! Only 3 more to go...Hallelujah!

We are going away for spring break! The doctor said that I could delay the next round of chemo a few days, and she okay'd a short plane trip. Vegas, here we come! Which is actually kind of funny because it may only be a two hour plane ride compared to Hawaii's six hours on the flying container of plague, but I'm pretty sure that Vegas has to be a hot bed of diseases from all over the world. Oh well, I'm just grateful to get away to somewhere warm, that isn't my house or the hospital, and pretend that I'm not a cancer patient for a little while. I wasn't going to nit-pick details with the doc.

My weeks pretty much look like: chemo...blah, blah, blah, sleep all day Sunday....blah, blah, blah, try and walk Wednesdays and Thursdays...blah, blah, blah, start it all over again on Fridays. Throw in some teenager angst (I'll be devoting an entire chapter to this in the book someday, should there be one), some kids' sports, a husband that coaches or refs just about every night, and a family that expects to eat every night (which is one of the most annoying things that they do because I could CARE LESS about dinner)...blah, blah, blah. When is it going to end?! 

Aren't you so jealous of my exciting life?

No comments:

Post a Comment