Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chemo, Week 18

Holy Crap! Who's idea was it to do chemo at 9 o'clock in the morning when coming home from vacation at 2am???? What moron thought that was a good idea? That could not possibly have been me, right?

Yes, I had to come back from a gloriously relaxing week of vacation directly to week #18 of chemo. Really tough to be motivated to do that. In fact, when the alarm (my husband and teenage son) went off at 8:30 to say "GET UP!" I rolled over, cracked one eye open, and said, "Hell NO!" Yep, I became that patient. There was no way that I was getting out of bed. In fact, it's possible that I said something like, "I double dog dare you to get me out of this bed." It had to be something like that because the teenager was laughing. I probably sounded like him when he's been woken up.

So, the loving husband, who could sense his life hung in the balance, called and moved the appointment to 12:45pm. So much better. Well, except for the fact that getting there after noon meant we didn't end up leaving the hospital until close to 6pm. It was a LOOOOONG afternoon.

Nothing eventful happened...

And guess what that means? Only 2 more chemo treatments left (which will now be on Tuesdays). It's almost unbelievable to think about. I might actually make it to the end of this first part of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment