Sunday, April 21, 2013

Another Reason I Miss Vacation

Vacation was so relaxing that I just want to go back. And one of the main reasons is the food, and that other people were cooking it for me.

Keith has been reffing and/or coaching every night of the week (and that's actually not an exaggeration), and nothing really excites me about eating right now, so when dinnertime rolls around and the kids ask, "What's for dinner?" I usually say "nothing." Which is a joke, but is how I feel. I'm tired by that point in the day, I don't really want to eat anything myself except Raisin Bran Crunch, and I sure would prefer not to stand up and cook something.

But, since I obviously don't have Bobby Flay on speed dial, we are getting by. We were getting meals delivered throughout this process, but I let the calendar lapse with spring break coming up because I knew we were going to be gone and didn't want a bunch of leftovers sitting in the fridge. 

Thinking that I might have to get that going again. Or I might suffer through these last few weeks of chemo and wait to see if I'll need to throw myself on the mercy of friends during radiation instead. 

It's these kind of things that get you down and make you feel like a sick person. When you just don't have the energy to take care of your family. Maybe I will have to write Bobby Flay a note...

No comments:

Post a Comment