Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday Five

So, I thought that I would start a Friday Five segment each week to keep you updated on what's going on with me each week. I'm hoping to include the good, the bad, and the ugly each week.

Cancer treatment is the gift that just keeps giving, long after you (finally) get a clean scan, and I think that it's important to let anyone that might have to go through what I went through know that.

So, here's my first Friday Five, from Hawaii!

1. I have decided to seriously consider taking the open housekeeping position available at our resort so that I can stay here in Hawaii. I'm actually not kidding. The thought of going home and going back to work next week terrifies me.


2. This has been an amazing vacation! A. MAZE. ING. Please, let me reiterate to you...life is too short folks. Please, please, please take time to stop and enjoy life...with your loved ones...in places that you want to visit. Do not wait to start checking things off that bucket list!

3. The massive pain that I've been feeling since before Thanksgiving (which has since been diagnosed as lymphedema) has actually disappeared while we've been here in Hawaii. I think that when I start physical therapy in a couple of weeks I will have to mention this and see if I can get a prescription to move here! Sounds like a plan to me.

4. My personal trainer (ie: the friend who has promised to whip me into shape so that I can compete in the Iron Girl sprint triathlon in August) is actually on vacation here in Hawaii also. This is awesome...and a little frightening because she knows how to find me and has been texting me workouts. Yikes! Time to get into shape! Today I took the first baby steps toward getting healthy again. See the photo with my workout partners for the day (teenage boy was still asleep in the room) and our reward (view) at the turnaround point. So worth it! 

5. Along the lines of "life is too short," Keith and I have started making serious plans for the future that get us to where we truly want to be. And it's a future that is not too far away. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...



No comments:

Post a Comment