Thursday, March 14, 2013

Rescuing the Sloth!

Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?

I have become a serious sloth. Yes, I have a great excuse, but even the chemo doc says that if I don't do something to build up my red blood cell count now, I am going to regret it. Seriously, most days find me sitting down in the shower after a few minutes.

To attempt to reclaim my life, I decided a couple of weeks ago to start walking. It gets me out of the house and off the couch that has a spot for my ass permanently imprinted on it.

To accomplish this task, I enlisted some friends to force me to walk with them. It's going pretty well. They understand the rules: must be done during the school day because I usually need a nap by 3pm; and under no circumstances will there be walking at 6AM or they will no longer be my friend.

As you would expect in Seattle, there have been some rainy days (and a few that we have decided not to walk because being wet and cold might actually be worse for my health than sitting on my ass). But there have been a few gloriously sunny ones as well. FEELS. SO. GOOD. This is a photo of a recent outing, with my friend doing the 3Day (and all of her walking buddies). I only took a wrong turn once, but I didn't get us too lost, honest! And the sunshine was wonderful!

Thanks to all of you (and you know who you are) for getting me up and moving!


No comments:

Post a Comment