Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Five

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly this week:

1) I had a panic attack on Monday while teaching a class. It was awesome (NOT!). Real and true panic attack. Thankful for my friend who's class it happened to be and could roll with the punches. Fun times all around folks...

2) Wednesday was the parade celebrating the Seahawks Super Bowl victory. MANY people skipped work and school that day to attend. I had no plans of attending for a variety of reasons: see above mention of panic attack...this crowd of people would likely set off another one; there is no way that I could have stood up that long; it was FREEZING COLD out.
However, the teenage boy wanted to skip school to attend with some friends. Her prepared a very cogent argument on why he should skip school, and even smartly included words/phrases like "life is too short." Good job! Bonus points! Absolutely! Go...have fun...don't freeze to death. Yep, I've become that parent.


3) The Olympics have started! YEAH! Time to spend every waking moment watching sports. Luckily I also read while this is going on, so I get to spend quite a bit of time doing my two favorite things. Now, if only it would motivate me to workout...

4) Will there ever be a time when I am not tired/sore/angry/all of the above? By Friday afternoon I REALLY want to die. And I hate everyone and everything. Keith and I went to a movie and dinner on Friday night and I knew that it was going to be a struggle to stay awake. Luckily, the movie was INCREDIBLE. However, I was SO tired that I was yawning throughout the show. And so very stiff and sore sitting in the seat for that long, after working all week (and being on my feet all day Friday). Watching me get out of that seat after the movie was over was a sight to behold I'm sure.

5) Cancer is really isolating. For a lot of reasons. And I won't spend the time right now waxing poetic on the how and why, but this week I really felt the ramifications of being so sick for so long. It's really hard to get back out into the world.

Another bonus one:
6) Tuesday was World Cancer Day. Thanks to all of you that turned your Facebook/Twitter profiles purple in honor of Cancer Survivors! It was great to see so much purple! And feel the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment