Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Milestone!

Amazingly enough, this week marks the END of treatments! 

After 4 surgeries, 16 rounds of chemo, 1,000,000 scans and doctors appointments, I am ending 38 rounds of radiation today!!!!

Almost one year of CONTINUOUS ACTIVE TREATMENTS is finally in the past. 

Not even remotely close to the end of doctors in my life (in fact, I have my first "follow up" appointment Thursday), but this is something that needs to be celebrated, even if only for a moment.

Not much to say, so I thought that I'd share some pictures of the day:
(1) On my way to the last radiation! Stupid Cancer indeed!





(2) Cheers to being done with treatment! Forced Keith to celebrate with me at a restaurant he doesn't like. And, I have to say, I was monumentally disappointed by this mojito. I think the bartender was color blind and made it with lemons instead of limes. I am going to use this as an excuse to celebrate again.




(3) The "award" that they gave me for being done with treatments. I love that the pictures they put on it are all things that mean something to me and that they've come to know about me.



No comments:

Post a Comment