Thursday, May 23, 2013

So, What's New?

Holy Crap, there still is no plan moving forward. I am hoping that next Tuesday's appointment with the radiation oncologist (who likes to explain things in GREAT detail) will provide the answers I need so that I can have a "schedule" for what's next.

Besides the fact that I've had 4 scans and 4 doctor's appointments and 1 major meltdown in the last two weeks...Why the delay? Because I'm being a bad patient, at least according to the doctors (who I love and I know they have my best interests at heart). But the "best" strategy moving forward (according to them) involves radiation plus multiple surgeries over the course of the next 2 years, where I'll be out of commission for weeks and/or months at a time. 

And I'm no longer sure that it's the "best" strategy for me. Decisions...decisions...

FYI, being a cancer patient sucks :)

I will keep you all updated as soon as I have a plan that I feel right moving forward with. Thanks for the continued support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment