Wednesday, January 30, 2013

First 4 Rounds of Chemo: OVER!

I have had 4 doses of A/C chemo over the last eight weeks, and to be honest, there are times when I felt like it was trying to kill me. Or I wanted to kill someone else. But now that I am coming out of my self-induced, sitting in the dark, curled up in a ball, I hate everyone "chemo weekend," I realize that I should be celebrating this momentous event!

Holy crap, I survived the chemo designed to bring me to my knees! And it's OVER!

True, I still have 12 rounds of chemo coming, EVERY WEEK, and it will bring with it a whole new set of side-effects and challenges (rumors abound that I get to look forward to my fingernails falling out), but everyone has said that if I survive the A/C doses, then these next several months will seem better. Or much more bearable. 

Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Shauna, I'm soooo proud of you and in admiration of your fight. I can hardly imagine how difficult it must be and you are meeting the cancer head on with your wit, spunk and strength. I hope you celebrate with your family...a huge congrats and all my best as you prepare for the upcoming rounds! Feel free to write me anytime! BIg hug, Angie

    ReplyDelete