Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday. WOW! What a year this has been. And unlike past years, I actually did age this year. Instead of 42, I think I'm chronologically about 62.

I feel like I should be posting something deep and profound here on this day. But it kinda feels like just another day. Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy to be here to mark this birthday, because you just never know what can happen. But I feel like the profound words of wisdom should wait until I'm all done with this process. And since there's still MONTHS of treatments ahead, I'm not in that frame of mind.

What I do know:
My outlook on life has really changed this year. I'm going to compose a post at some point in the future along the lines of "advice to a graduate" or anyone else at a point in their life that requires decisions or is marked by a ceremony. SO MANY THINGS you think are important...aren't really important! Just sayin'...

I have been blessed with an amazing support system of family, friends, community, school, and beyond. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

It might just be time to start re-thinking all the things I regret not doing and either (1) let them go or (2) just do them! Trust me, I now have a good start at a bucket list and it's time to start making them happen. I think that'll be another post here in the future.

All celebrations require dessert! And why not just eat it first...or instead of. Life's too short not to enjoy yourself once in awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment